Beach house next to white surf beach with wild animals and the end of Africa around the corner
House • Cape Town South Africa
1 Car space
2 Cars available
Exchange types accepted
Listed March 2020
Response rate 100%
This is our South African hide away. We have just renovated this beach house with amazing views over one of the best surf beaches in South Africa.
Our house consists of 3 apartments. We live on the top floor.
In our house You will find a big fully equipped kitchen/lounge area with a balcony at the back and a big terrace facing the sea. The terrace have 180 degree sea view and the sun sets just in front of You. You can also see the north part of the Cape Point National Park where eland, bontebok and ostriches like to come around.
Our apartment have a big master bed room with an integrated bath room, direct access to the terrace and sea views. There is a smaller guest room with mountain views and another bath room with shower.
At the back of the house we have a nice and very private garden with lots of big grown trees for shade on the hot summer days and a vegetable garden.
There are a lot of things to see close to Scarborough.
• Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope (which are actually two different spots but close to each other) can be seen from our terrace and it is a short drive away to the entrance. In the reserve You will find the rare Bontebok, eland, zebra, ostrich, tortoise - and more baboons...
• Simons Town - a small cute Nayy town that is 200 years old is just on the other side of the mountain. It takes about 10 minutes to drive there. There are plenty of antique stores, loads of restaurants and the famous penguin colony.
• Kommetjie (pronounced komekkie) 10 minutes away is the location for famous Long Beach which stretches for kilometers and is great for galloping a horse on, there are plenty of stables in the area. There is also a historic light house.
• Cape Point Vineyards will take you 20 minutes to reach. The make great wine have a nice restaurant and every Thursday there i a food market with food trucks and traders selling there products.
• City of Cape Town. This amazing international metropolis is only 40 minutes easy drive away.
Cupboard / drawers
First aid kit
Garden / yard
Deck / patio / courtyard / terrace
Covered porch / verandah
Sport and leisure
Suitable for infants under 2
Suitable for children ages 2-12
Pets not allowed
Scarborough is a secret jewel only 40 minutes drive from central Cape Town. It is a surf/conservation village with a few 100 houses, an extremely relaxed atmosphere and a very safe surrounding. On one side of the village are the beautiful mountains with plenty of hiking trails and on the other the ocean for water sports.
We have one of the best surf beaches in South Africa and during our winter the worlds top kitesurfers come here to practise in the high winds and enormous waves. For those less adventerous there is a huge white, sandy beach with amazing rocks at each end. Among the rocks You can pick Your own fresh mussels and then spice the salad up with wild dune spinach!
We are the last village before You reach The Cape of Good Hope, which is 20 minutes away, after that the next stop is Antarctica. I regularly bike to the Cape Point. We are also a few 100 meters away from the north end of the nationalpark which surrounds the Cape Point. With a little bit of luck (all depends on the weather and food situation) You can see animals from our terrace.
We have 2 small stores and 3 restaurants in the village. One of them comes with a top chef that got tired of the rat race in New York and now cook for us all. If You want You can put on Your shoes before going there, but You don´t have to, your surf shorts will do as evening dress!
The people in the village come from all walks of life but many work from home with creative occupations and there is all sorts of activities going on in the village - yoga, art exhibitions, food work shops, markets, etc., etc.. Cats, dogs, baboons and kids run around in the streets.
Last but not least there is no street lights so You can see the amazing starry sky in the evenings and nights. If You open the bedroom window You will also hear the waves.
This is South Africa so You will need a car. That can be rented cheaply at the airport.
We have 2 cars, one VW Amarok pickup rebuilt for serious offroad and one Audi Cabriolet. Depending on the insurance situation they might be part of the exchange.
This member has chosen to hide their location from non-members and members without active listings.
Member feedback is unavailable to non-members and members without active listings.