Hierden is situated between the "Veluwemeer" and the largest forest in the Netherlands: The "Veluwe".
The area offers many opportunities for hiking, biking, golf, horseback riding and water sports. Harderwijk and Nunspeet are both about 6 km and have all amenities, a railway station, good bus services and have both a connection to the A28 motorway
For pictures of the"Veluwe" just google "Veluwe" and look at the pictures of nature and wildlife.
A few interesting site's:
(also in English)
for hiking (Leuvenhorst und Veluwemeerkust-Hulshorst)
Veluwe, Routes for hiking and biking
Also interesting the "Oostvaardersplassen" near Lelystad (25 km) a special Nature-area. www.staatsbosbeheer.nl/Oostvaardersplassen
A few attractions very close to within half an hour by car,
- the National Park De Hoge Veluwe,
- Palace Het Loo (Apeldoorn), www.paleishetloo.nl
also in English,
- Spa Resort The Zwaluwhoeve (Hierden) www.zwaluwhoeve.nl
- the Dolphinarium (Harderwijk),
- Aviodrome (Lelystad),
- Walibi World (Biddinghuizen) and
- the historic cities of Harderwijk, Elbrug, Kampen, Amersfoort and Zwolle. Take a look at www.zwolletouristinfo.nl
and do the "virtuele tour".
Further away, but never far: Amsterdam (Schiphol airport), Utrecht and Arnhem are about one hour by car or train. You can even get to Brussels and Antwerp (Belgium) and Cologne (Germany) in about 2 h30.
Both Harderwijk and Nunspeet have access to the A28 Motorway and a railway station. In our village is a frequent bus service. Holland has excellent public transport. And of course excellent infrastructure for hiking and biking.