Spacious house close to the beach on the Swedish West Coast
House • Sweden
4 Car spaces
1 Car available
Exchange types accepted
Listed March 2019
Welcome to the West Coast of Sweden! You will be staying in our home, built in 2011, 300 sqm, suitable for up to 8 people (6 proper beds + sofa beds). We have 5 bedrooms, and should you need we could arrange for extra beds. Our house is spacious and comfortable, the kids love to play football in the garden or table tennis inside. The kitchen, dining area and library is one big area and we love to have friends and family over for dinner. There is one big porch with a great barbeque in connection to the kitchen and two terraces on the first floor, one from which you can watch the sun set over the ocean. Our home is situated 20 km south of Göteborg (Gothenburg), Sweden's second largest city also known as the most friendly town in Sweden. The beach is a five minute walk down the road, with the unique archipelago outside. There are several other beaches within walking distance. We have a sauna by the beach which we share with some neigbours, lovely for all times of the year. In summer, it is light almost 24/7.
Close to many beaches
Close to Gothenburg which is a lively city with lots of restaurants, bars and interesting history
Close to lush forests
Copenhagen (Denmark) and Oslo (Norway) are 2,5 hours drive away
The seafood around here is amazing!
Our house is very comfortable and welcoming. It’s located in a quiet street that leads down to the beach. We have five bedrooms, two bathrooms, a large kitchen which is the heart of the house and connected to the living room, the library and the big sun deck where the barbeque is. There is a large space upstairs where there is a Playstation and ping pong table for the kids (and the grown up kids). There are also two porches upstairs.
We have just re-decorated the guest room, to become more of a living room for the kids and their friends to hang out. There is a sofa bed in there where 1-2 people can sleep. There is also a smaller sofa bed (140 cm wide, 200cm long) in one of the kid's rooms upstairs. We could also arrange for more beds/mattresses if you need.
We have a wonderful cat, Ella, which you can choose to look after or not during your stay. She is very friendly and loves kids, but we fully understand if you would prefer not to look after her.
Our guests have access to the entire house as well as the sauna down by the sea.
Here is a suggested bucket list for your stay:
- Stroll down the road to the local beach for swimming, jumping of the jumping tower or fish for crabs (if you have younger children, this will keep them busy for hours)
- Spend some time in the sauna which is just by the jumping tower down at the beach
- Explore the other beaches around and decide on which one is your personal favourite: Örsviken, Nordreviken, Korshamn, Kyvik, Malevik, Kullsvik or Skalvik
- Explore the unique archipelago - we will be happy to assist in where to go and how
- Take a bike ride by the ocean on the railway embankment which is now used as a bike path to Gothenburg, whereof the first 10 km is right by the ocean
- Take a bike ride on the same railway embankment but going south 5 km, have dinner at Blomstermåla (www.blomstermala.se) and watch the sun set
- Hike/walk/mountainbike/do some trail running in the nature reserve of Sandsjöbacka
- Try SUP or kayaking in Askimsviken
- Yoga by the beach
- Try "Flying yoga" at Hagabadet, ancient spa down town Gothenburg
- Visit Haga, the old worker's quarter in Gothenburg, and check out all the little neat stores and eat over sized cinnamon rolls at Café Husaren
- Visit our amusement park Liseberg, and bring out your inner child
- Have the famous shrimp sandwich at Heaven 23, a restaurant on the 23rd floor with a great view of Gothenburg
- If you haven't seen an elk yet, do some elk spotting in Slottskogen (great park in Gothenburg, no entrence fee, right by the bus stop 4 stops from our house). Great playground for kids!
- Are you visiting in the summer but keen on trying cross country skiing? This can be done in Kviberg in Gothenburg which is an inside arena with snow all year round
- Jump on to one of the Paddan Boats down town Gothenburg and get at guided tour on the canal and inner harbor
- Bring a picnic to Älvsborgs Fästning (also known as Elfsborgs Fästning just a short ferry ride from down town Gothenburg), a fortress located on an island in the harbor entrance of Gothenburg. Learn more about our history, how we fought the Danes and watch the boats and ferries go by. Learn more at www.elfsborgsfastning.se
- Have lunch at "Lilla Spinneriet", a nice restaurant and café in the middle of nowhere, 15 minutes' drive east from our home. The restaurant is located in an old buildning that used to be an ancient spinning factory. There are also some nice shops in the building next to the restaurant where you can find local hand crafts and arts (www.lillaspinneriet.se)
- Buy freshly caught and boiled shrimps and crayfish, grab a bottle of chardonnay from Systembolaget and have dinner on one of the rocks down by the sea
- Play the game kubb in the garden
- If you are here for midsummer, don't miss out on the midsummer celebrations down by the sea!
- Play golf in Särö, Vallda or any other of the great golf courses around
Bucket list for day trips:
- Yes, you can visit three countries in two days! Why not take a day trip to Oslo in Norway or Copenhagen in Denmark? You could also visit Skagen, the very northern part of Denmark where two oceans meet and once upon a time home of many artists due to the fantastic lights, by taking the ferry from Gothenburg over to Fredrikshavn in Denmark.
- Visit Marstrand, the picturesque island 45 minutes' drive north of us. Marstrand has an impressive fortress and interesting history. In the summer there are lots of regattas here, lots of people, party and good food. Learn more at http://www.vastsverige.com/en/Marstrand/
- Longing for long, sandy beaches? Visit Varberg, 40 minutes drive to the south of us. Go to Apelviken and watch the brave kite surfers and have a delicious lunch at John's Place. You can also visit the old fortress, Varbergs Fästning or go to the spas - either Asia Spa or the Varberg Kurort.
- More sandy beaches are to be found in Falkenberg, 50 minutes south of us. Have lunch or dinner at Falkenbergs Strandbad - great place! (There is also a spa in there)
There are, of course, lots of other things to see and do around here - just reach out, we are happy to help you to make the best of your stay!
Göteborg is a friendly town with lots of fun things to see and do! http://www.goteborg.com/en/Do/To-Do-Startpage/
We are open for shorter exchanges such as long weekends as well.
First aid kit
Garden / yard
Deck / patio / courtyard / terrace
Sport and leisure
Suitable for infants under 2
Suitable for children ages 2-12
Pets not allowed
Our neighbourhood is an up-scale area which has kept its’ soul. The beach is just a few minutes walk down the road, there is a great nature reserve to bike/hike/trail just a few minutes drive away from us with a great forrest and small lakes. You have all the restaurants of Gothenburg 15 minutes drive away, or a 20 minute busride where the bus stop is just a few steps from pur house. The unique archipelago just outside our beach is a dream.
The bus stop is 200 meters from the house and the frequent buses will take you to down town Gothenburg in 20 minutes.
Closest supermarket/bakery/gym/pharmacy/health center/gas station/pizza place/Thai restaurant is 700 meters from our house
There is a car that you could use to get around if this is what we agree prior to your arrival.
We have several bikes for your convenience.
Map of Approximate Location
This member has chosen to hide this section from non-members.
People Like Us Local Guide
Are you visiting the Swedish West Coast and want to meet up for a drink or two? Please let me know, we are happy to help you with any advice on what to do or see around here.
This member has chosen to hide this section from non-members.
Member Since March 2019
We are open to any destination in the world. Some of our most exciting exchanges have been to destinations we didn’t know anything about until we got the request for exchanging. Right now we are extra curious about Japan, South Africa and Canada outside Europe and always Switzerland, Spain, Austria, France and Croatia in Europe. We will consider all requests though! Long weekend trips to any destination in Europe is interesting as well.