Papamoa Family Beach Retreat
House • New Zealand
2 Car spaces
1 Car available
Exchange types accepted
Listed January 2019
Response rate 100%
UPDATE March 2020: Our house is about to undergo a renovation project to extend the living area, put in a new kitchen and install an inground pool. This is hoped to be completed by November 2020.
* Great outdoor living area with spa pool, and huge north-facing backyard (that's sun-facing in the Southern Hemisphere!)
* Perfect location – an easy walk to the beach and close to everything
* Open plan living designed for summer enjoyment
Picture this… It’s a hot summers day so you and your family head out for the morning to Mount Maunganui – maybe for a climb to the top of Mauao or maybe for brunch at one of the many cafes. You then head back to the house, grab your beach gear and take a stroll to Papamoa Beach where you spend the afternoon building sandcastles and splashing about. When you are beach tired you head back to the house, get out the lazy afternoon nibbles and pour a drink! The kids entertain themselves in the backyard while you relax, knowing the yard is fully enclosed. Fire up the BBQ at some point to cook the evening meal while the outdoor play carries on. After the kids are all tucked in bed, you enjoy relaxing and stargazing in the spa.
This is a modest but lovely 4 bedroom family-friendly home designed for summer living, an easy 5 minute walk from the gorgeous Papamoa Beach in the Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
The open plan living area has 4 ranchsliders so has fabulous indoor/outdoor flow and easy access to the outdoor areas which feature a spa pool, gas BBQ and 10 seater outdoor table to enjoy those lazy summer afternoons. Fully fenced section with a huge, private, north-facing backyard perfect for kids with playhouse, sandpit, trampoline, basketball hoop, plus lots of sports gear.
* WiFi – unlimited ultra-fast broadband is included
* Portacot available, plus various other baby/toddler equipment including a highchair
* We have a collection of bikes that you can use including 2 adult bikes plus various sized kids bikes (and a baby seat)
* Boogie-boards and beach equipment
Single storey, no stairs (although not 100% wheelchair accessible as entries are not ramped)
* Bedroom 1 – The master bedroom has a super-king bed, a walk through wardrobe and an ensuite. This is a really sunny room that has a ranchslider giving access to the spa area.
* Bedroom 2 – A children’s room that has two single beds
* Bedroom 3 – A children’s room that has a set of single bunks (ie two single beds)
* Bedroom 4 – A quiet room at the other end of the house that has a queen bed. This room also has an office desk perfect for digital nomads who are working and travelling.
Cupboard / drawers
First aid kit
Sport and leisure
Suitable for infants under 2
Suitable for children ages 2-12
Pets not allowed
Papamoa is a coastal suburb of Tauranga, and has a 16km white sandy beach stretching from Mt Maunganui. The area is known for fishing and surfing and you might even be lucky enough to witness dolphins and orcas cruising the coastline.
Our street is a quiet cul-de-sac where kids are often found riding scooters. If you're an active family then you'll love the scenic cycle/walkway that runs through the reserve behind our street - there are sports fields, a playground and a skate/scooter park.
A short drive / bike ride away are the Papamoa East shops which have The Pap House, a cafe and takeaways. In the other direction is Papamoa Plaza where you will find anything else you need (supermarkets, shops, bars, library, clothing stores).
Papamoa is only a short drive along the coast from the iconic Mount Maunganui, a favourite holiday destination for New Zealanders. Soak in a pure, sparkling mineral hot pool, check out the boutique shops and local markets and people watch from one of the many cafes, bars and restaurants.
We are only 1 hour from Rotorua which is known for bubbling mud pools, shooting geysers and natural hot springs, as well as showcasing Maori culture.
We have an 8 seater vehicle that could be included in a swap. Alternatively there is a bus stop within 2 minutes walk that will take you to Papamoa East, Mt Maunganui or Tauranga.
This member has chosen to hide their location from non-members and members without active listings.
Member feedback is unavailable to non-members and members without active listings.