Do you need special insurance for home exchange?

People Like Us can not provide advice specific to an individual member in accordance with our terms. Members must seek out their own insurance needs with regard to home, contents, car and travel. In discussing with insurers, make them aware that exchanging is not a commercial transaction and is more akin to having a friend stay. It is also possible in some countries to purchase short-term rental insurance which, while exchanging is not short-term rental should cover guests staying in your home if your regular policy does not.