For exploring and sightseeing in Amsterdam, you are best off to walk, bike, use public transport, boat or taxi, than driving a car here.
About Amsterdam, it is:
- considered globally as a must see, one of the most popular cities in the world, with top recommendations from leading travel advisers.
renowned as the city with the highest concentration of top World Heritage Sites,Theaters, Museums, Art galleries, Music venues and Michelin-starred restaurants in the whole world:
114 Michelin starred and recommended sights:
including Unesco Canals, many world-class museums: Vincent van Gogh Museum, Rijksmuseum (Dutch and European Masters as Rembrandt, Vermeer and Hals, Delft Blue porcelain, world and applied arts a.o.), Stedelijk Museum (Modern art), the Hermitage Amsterdam, the Royal Palace, the Anne Frank House, Foam Photography museum and many more
an all-round all-year most interesting and diverse city for top class walking, boat and biking tours, markets, street life, gastronomy, cafes, festivals, shopping, entertainment including for the younger, abundant sports facilities, flowers, interesting nature and country side, pools, sea and beaches nearby.
- a paradise for tourists: very easy, nice and safe to walk
and bike around, lots to see, join and shop on the way, plenty public transport, taxies and canal boats.
And you can rent your boat (no specific license needed) http://www.rentalboatsinamsterdam.com/rates/
- high standard of gastronomy, all cuisines in all price classes, 81 Michelin starred/recommended restaurants
- any season is great to visit a mild sea climate city like Amsterdam, you can check your favorite website.
Occasionally the mild winters bring snow that makes beautiful scenery (see pics) and feature the www.amsterdamlightfestival.com/en
- very tolerant, friendly and relaxed atmosphere among tourists and locals, the Dutch speak several languages.
- plenty world class diverse entertainment https://www.iamsterdam.com/en/see-and-do/whats-on
named world's best: Concertgebouw Orchestra + world's best concert hall Concertgebouw; many other music, musical, theatres and other cultural venues.
- many diverse architectural highlights: https://bre.is/_AYoQSnfi
one of the world’s most beautiful art deco cinemas https://bre.is/g3IvK400o
Want to know more? Convince yourself via
You can also enjoy several public sport facilities, out + indoor pools, including world's most beautiful:
And off Amsterdam Centre:
- by bike or public bus you can do breathtaking tours to beautiful monumental villages just a few kilometres north of Amsterdam as Monnickendam, Volendam en top sight https://www.dezaanseschans.nl/en/discover/
- nearby loads of sandy beaches: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g188587-Activities-c61-t52-North_Holland_Province.html
- the Keukenhof, the world's top flower exhibition fields https://keukenhof.nl/en/
- at only 30-40 mins by train is Rotterdam, until last decade world's largest port, boasting modern architecture and named as world's must-see cities in Lonely Planet, The Rough Guide and New York Times for 2014-2015
- at 40 mins by train: The Hague is the seat of our Government, Parliament and Royal Family, a beautiful city that boasts palaces like Carnegie's Peace Palace, long sandy beach and the Mauritshuis with world famous paintings by Rembrandt, Vermeer and many others.
- also the cities of Leiden, Haarlem, Delft, Enkhuizen, a.o. make rewarding easy trips from Amsterdam,
- if you have enough time, further and immense popular is Giethoorn: https://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2017/07/09/gbs-no-road-town-canals.great-big-story
So, come and enjoy, Amsterdam welcomes you!